I hardly know what to say especially in public eyes. I rarely give my opinions though I have strong opinions to share with my friends. I usually give priority to learning everything I can because I love learning anything that I can get my hands on. I have interest in a very wide range of topics. There are some topics that I don't care for, such as finances and politics, but they are essential in living wisely.
No matter what the topic is, I always connect it to Biblical knowledge however relatively it may be. Science? Sure! Even Evolutionary Theory that some Christians deemed heresy. Computers? Yes! Psychology? Absolutely. LOLcats? Though it sounds ridiculous, then I would say, "Definitely."
In the social networking world, everyone has something to say. 99% of the time, it is opinionated. I do it, too. On Facebook, I write what's on my mind and sometimes, I think to myself, "Why am I doing this?" If I think of something that I think is worth sharing, I post it. Little bit of my feelings and a lot of pointless media products.
Thanks to social networking world, 99% of my friends and I are revealed egotistical in some way. We love to share a piece of ourselves. Whenever a friend post a heavy opinion or life situation, I click on it and read all the comments below. I love learning what people think and what people do. It's a fascinating topic I delve into most of the times. As I have said to my close friends many times, I love history. I love to research and formulate hypothesis on how and why events may happened. You can see that in my previous post, Mere Speculations on Riches and Taxes.
After a year of exposure to Christian blogging world, I have learned a lot. I have read about types of church, Christian celebrity pastors, religion-political movements, famous Christian authors, doctrines, Christian media, and Christians' opinions and actions. During the reading stage, I would get into uncomfortable field of emotions. I have felt anger, confusion, haughtiness, challenged, defeated, shame and delight, all at the same time. I wanted to say something and give a piece of my mind to retaliate or prove someone wrong. I wanted to share on Facebook a some blogger's opinion that I agree with. I wanted to show the world that my belief is right based on Biblical truth. It's an ugly thing. And I only shared two or three times.
After a year, with all the knowledge I obtained from the Christian blogging world, I have become a little wiser: how NOT to act or react. I learned not to give my own opinion. No matter what I say, I won't win. No matter how hard I try to back it up with Scriptures, I come off as a religious hard-headed nut. No matter how much I try to back up someone else's opinion that I agree with, I feel too one-sided. I learned that involving in these ugly matters won't win any lost souls that Jesus commanded me to Great Commission. Even blogging won't do a thing.
Well, as long as I'm honest and willing to be humbled to listen, I'm cool, right?
We love to give opinions. But do I wonder what Jesus would say amongst the self-perpetuating white noise?
No comments:
Post a Comment