Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hold Every Thought Captive

My roommate advised me, "Journaling!"

I think she is alluding to 2 Corinthians 10:5b, "...take every thought captive to obey Christ," when she said, "Write down your thoughts so you know the patterns that lead to your feelings. You think internally but you never say out of your mouth. You need to get them out. Write it everyday."

At least, that's what she said to the best of my memory.

I hate journaling. Blogging? That's just once in a while thing. Blogging != Journaling. (For those who don't know discrete math or programming, != means "does not equal to".)

I think internally. I process things internally. When someone asks me a question, I think before I answer. I share my thoughts with people sometimes. Other times I don't. I think a lot but I don't actively take the thoughts out. Maybe that's where danger comes in. If I don't speak my thoughts, my thoughts can turn into lies about other people and there's no one to speak truth against them.

That's when confusion happens. Confusion makes me depressed. I expressed it in my previous post about the choices I make. It could explain why I struggled so much with myself.

"Journaling!" she repeated.

Okay. I'll do it.

"And talk to your discipleship partner, " she added. "That's what God wants. Share. Show your vulnerability. Be open and be honest. She loves you. Let God speak truth."

At least, that's what I think she is saying.

For the last note, I want to continue after the verse, "Look at what is before your eyes. If anyone is confident that he is Christ's, let him remind himself that just as he is Christ's, so also are we. For even if I boast a little too much of our authority, which the Lord gave for building you up and not for destroying you, I will not be ashamed." (2 Corinthians 10:7-8 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment