Tonight, I went to the Spot Coffee, a local coffee shop in downtown Rochester, to support my friends on Open Mic Night. They're hams. They love performing their artwork and their passion behind the mic and in front of the people. This week, we dressed up in classy outfits and two people won the contest. One male and one female; they won a free drink at the shop.
For two hours, I listened to many different young people go up and speak their pieces: poetry, songs, essays, and readings. It was a good cultural experience in the local area where people would share a piece of their hearts and minds in their artistic ways.
After the show, I got to meet new people and listen to their experiences. It was a good night to support my friends and attend with one. It was fun to dress up, too. I would like to go more in the future. I think it's a time of luxury for me.
I love spending time with my friend, Deb. I love listening to her. Any chance I'd get to hear her in person is like a birthday gift to me. Not that it is rare to meet with her, I just love her so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment