Thursday, February 14, 2013

Are You My Christian Fellow?

I think the human's system of Christianity is the messiest one we could ever been in. Christianity is a religion that no one could agree in majority of its area. The core value of Christianity is Jesus Christ and yet there are groups within this system who may not agree with him. You could say that they shouldn't belong there and yet they would fight you that they do. I believe there are over one thousand denominations, simply because they disagree with another over some elements. In my line of thought, the two biggest mistakes that anyone can make when they are personally following Jesus Christ as they claim they are is to say to a person, "You are saved." and "I am saved."

That line may cause anyone of faith who read this to say to me, "Aren't you a downer? Do you not have faith?"

I do have faith. When you say you are a Christian, I will have faith that you are saved. I cannot, however, say you are saved. I cannot confirm or deny that you are saved. It is entirely up to Jesus to decide whether you are saved or not. Even if I see evidences or lack thereof, I cannot say it. I can't even say that I am saved either. God chooses whoever He wants. He is the Judge. Jesus has the power and the grace. 

Regardless of what you believe in, I will love you like Jesus does. If you say you are a Christian, I will treat you like I would treat my brother or sister in Christ according to Scriptures. If I see that you don't follow his instructions in the Scriptures, I will call you out on it. If you reject my discernment, I will still love you like Jesus does. I won't condemn you because it is not my job. If you continue to hurt people because you are not submitting to the Lord under the label you put on yourself, I will reject you. But I will have forgiveness and have hope that Lord will change you as He will change me. And I ask you to do the same to me. 

All I ask of us is that we are honest with ourselves and be humble continuously. God loves humility. God hates prideful men. God abhors people who continue to sin and think this is okay. God loves people who repent and choose to walk in the righteous path. And guess what? It's a lifelong struggle. As long as we are focused on the present and live like we are in His kingdom, let's have faith that God has welcomed us as He changed us. Let's use His gifts to bring to the others who are in the darkness. We have given the truth. His truth made us to be light in the world. Let's not dim it. Let us depend on Holy Spirit to work in us and through us.

Why do I have faith? Because I've seen the fruit of the Holy Spirit. I've seen what Scriptures does to the world. Even if the followers are not perfect, I've seen that God can change. I've seen how God has changed me. Change happens when people repent and submit to the Lord. For the good of His glory. When people walk in obedience to Jesus, miracles happen.

Read the Scriptures. Spend time studying them. Pray. And wrestle with them together.


No comments:

Post a Comment