We shouldn't set new goals whenever a new year comes around. A new goal should set whenever you feel the need to change. Anyway...
I've talked about my new goals a lot around the New Year's day. Realizing who Jesus is, I am compelled to let down the wall that was preventing me to truly feel the emotions. How could I relate to people if I didn't feel how they feel? Jesus had compassion therefore he felt how people felt. He wept when they wept. He had emotions. When people are hurting in any circumstance whether they hurt you or someone, you gotta have compassion. This way, you can walk with them as if you are in their shoes so they can have someone to get through their sufferings.
Another goal is to follow my thought with an immediate action. If I need to do something, I just do it. Skip the planning or worrying with what ifs. Sure, planning is important before you take any drastic action. But if I know that I'm doing it by the truth and love, then I gotta do it regardless of what other people think. No one needs to wait few more seconds to see the love of God and hear the gospel through you.
My biggest goal for this year is start trusting in God and His healing power. I have so much wounds in my heart and the result of those wounds from traumatic experiences is distrust. I want to trust in God. I've seen evidences of His love. I've seen His power in my life. And yet it is very difficult for me to trust in Him. If I don't trust Him, how can I trust His healing power? I want to be healed. I don't want to be angry, bitter, cynical and unforgiving anymore. I want to let go of guilt and shame. I want to love freely.
No comments:
Post a Comment