I remember the tragedy that struck the U.S.A. 11 years ago on this day. I was a freshman in high school. I was in Global Perspective class and the teacher turned on the TV around 9:30am. The news was showing live of the Two Towers and showing the recorded footage of a plane hitting it repeatedly in between. All of us were shocked. But we weren't quiet. Most of us talked during the news. I silently watched because I had no friends to talk with. We watched for an hour and then we saw one of the two towers collapsed to the ground. The bell rang and we went on like it was a normal day at school.
When I got home after school, I turned on the TV and I was engrossed. It was everywhere on the news. Until I went to sleep, that was the only thing I watched that night.
A short time has passed, a dramatized documentary about the September 11 attack has made. It had showed every minute of what happened from terrorists in the airport to the aftermath.
About 3000 people died that day. Senselessly.
It is now 11 years later. It actually happened. It was real. I was alive when a national tragedy came out of nowhere. But it feels surreal like I remember a dream so faintly. Because everyone of us quickly moved on and the war we're at seems to have lost its purpose. Our economy has gotten worse.
Since Bush declared "War on Terror", 6000 more people died. Senselessly.
Osama Bin Laden, whom the Intelligence deemed as the perpetrator, was killed last year. Why are our soldiers still fighting in the Middle East?
It is as though we are forgetting every year about September 11 attacks. Not even one out of hundred people at my work has mentioned it. I only saw one status on Facebook today honoring the dead. I don't know which is more tragic.
No comments:
Post a Comment